Week 3 Writing Assignment
Left-Brain/Right-Brain
Test
We go through life attached to a lot of personality-related
labels - introverted, optimistic, strong but silent, drama queen, etc. But
left-brain or right-brain? These are not so well-known. Interestingly however,
whether it is our left hemisphere that is more dominant or our right one, the
distinction can impact our personality and the decisions we make. For example,
left-brain people are more organized and systematic. Right-brain people are
more creative and intuitive. So which side of your brain do you wake up on in
the morning? Find out with this test!
Copy this link into your browser:
Go in and take the test. Print a copy of your results and write
a 1 to 1 1/2 page paper summarizing your findings. In the summary make sure you
write if you agree or disagree with your findings and if you feel you need to
change anything about yourself based on your findings. Please make sure your
paper is double spaced, 12pt font, Times New Roman, and 1 inch margins (left,
right, top, and bottom).
Solution
Left-Brain/Right-Brain Test
Left and right brain test
usually identify our abilities and
nature. What do we do and how do we do it, all is described by this type of
test. Different studies conducted by scientists on brain damage and how each side of the brain controls different
functions. The left brain allows recognizing
the language skills and logic. Whereas
the right brain allows us to recognize faces and shapes.
My left and right brain
concluded a score of 38 which showed that it’s the left brain that rules the right to run my life. It said that my
life runs like a clock and I want everything on time. It doesn’t include any
messy room or misplaced paperwork. I am more conscientious that is always
prepared for everything and anything in my life. I handle everything with ease
and expertise and analyze my problems step by step. It also said that my verbal
communication is good and I can express my feelings comfortably. No matter what
I do, it’s always like to think first and
act later. Some people in the world always have the difficulty making sense of this complicated word, but my logical
nature helps me to put everything in
perspective. It’s the little things that matter to me most, hence life is a big
picture, and it is important. It also
said that I am not much of a risk-taker extraordinaire.
I disagree with the
following test because sometimes, I face difficulties in taking important
decisions for me. Sometimes, I cannot think clearly and fail to solve a
specific problem in specific situations. Besides this, I also mess up my things
and get panic a lot. I probably try to complete my every task on time, but in
doing so, I get stressed a lot.
This test has been a
source of benefit for me because it has shown what I could
do in a certain situation. If my left
brain rules the right to run my life,
then I need to focus on certain things. I need to overcome my panic attacks in
certain situations by understanding the world around me. Sometimes I also get
rules by emotions, which should be deducted. I need to focus on my abilities
and need to figure out how things can be managed in critical situations. It is
true that I am not of a risk-taker, I also need to work on that part. I need to
focus on my instincts level, that how to trust it and always make a “Plan B”
for certain crucial situations. I sometimes fail to express my inner feelings
which needed to be improved as well. I needed to be strong and always be
well-prepared for any kind of obstacles and hurdles.


Social Contact